Sample scripts to experiment with diff and patch commands.
Ready. Version 1.0
Setup starting point: scripts/setup.sh
Store snapshot: scripts/store.sh
Make modifications to tmp/sample
Make patch: scripts/make-diff.sh >patches 42_something.patch
Add apply-patch to scripts/setup.sh script.
Scripts and directories
- Copies sample to tmp directory and apply patches to it.
- Copies sample to tmp directory.
- Makes snapshot from tmp/sample directory to tmp/snapshot directory.
- Restores snapshot from tmp/snapshot directory to tmp/sample directory.
- Makes diff between tmp/snapshot and tmp/sample. A patch can be made using command scripts/make-diff.sh >patches/01_change.patch.
- Applies a patch to tmp/sample directory. A patch an be applied using command scripts/apply-patch.sh <patches/01_change.patch.
- Sets execution bit to scripts/*.
- Removes tmp directory.
- Some patch files.
- Working directory. Original sample with patches is copied here and modifications can be made here.
- A snapshot copy of tmp/sample directory.
Contact, bugs, ideas, comments, …
My name is Timo Kankare.
Feel free to contact me, if you have comments, problems, ideas, bug reports or something else related to these scripts.